Day 985 of social distancing and staying home…. You are beginning to wear the same three t shirts and wake up every morning giving up on making your bed. Your surroundings are starting to blur together. Which means its time for some DIY home ideas to get those creative juices flowing.
We are ALL right there with you, but as the saying goes a happy home is a happy mood and when your surroundings start to become neglected, your entire mood can suffer along with it.
Quarantine lock-downs do not have to mean that we must press pause on “leveling up” and cant continue to work on creating a beautiful home we enjoy.
Now that we have ample time available, its time to put some diy home ideas and our pretty hands to work on some crafty but quick DIY projects. Grab a glass of rose and lets get into it sis.
1. DIY Gemstone Jewelry for your cabinets. – credit Popsugar
Simple details and additions can really make all the difference which is why I love this DIY crystal jewelry for your cabinets. You can really get creative with the type of crystal or gemstones you use that align with your desired color scheme or aesthetic. Have a penchant for luxe neutrals? Use white, beige or grey crystals. Want to go more bold and boho? Go with some pops of purple, blue, and pink.
What You’ll Need:
- Old knobs or drawer pulls
- Mineral or rock slices or pieces
- E-6000 glue
- Low-adhesive painter’s tape.
How to Make It
- Using E-6000 glue (available at Michaels craft stores), squeeze a generous amount onto the front of the knob, and attach a mineral or rock onto its front.
- Don’t try to use a different brand of glue for this project, no matter how powerfully strong it may promise to be on the package. I’ve used them all, and E-6000 is the best of the best for this.
- Using low-adhesive painter’s tape, secure the rock onto the knob, so it doesn’t slide off as it dries.
- Allow it to dry for a full 24 hours, and remove the tape.
2. DIY Gold Gilded Vases -credit le zoe musings
The beautiful gold accent vases add a pop of elegance to any environment and best of all you only need 4 items and 4 steps to bring these beauts to life. Give yourself 30 minutes, that is literally all you will need.
What you need.
- Gold or Silver Spray Paint (I prefer rust-oleum metallic brand)
- Double sided tape
- a clear vase or two (get creative with the shape)
- newspaper or magazine paper you can rip up.
How to Make It
- Tear off newspaper edge, take double sided tape and tape the newspaper around the vase leaving the bottom exposed for the gold part how ever small or big you want.
- Spray paint the exposed bottom part with the gold or silver spray paint
- Allow paint to dry for 2-3 hours and carefully remove newspaper
- Your gold vase is ready to beautify your space
3. DIY Lace Candle Holders – credit Angela Raiola
I love these for a dark posh romantic vibe. You dont have to stick to black though, try using gold or white lace if you are feeling a brighter look.
What you need
- Small clear candle holders or vase
- Any assorted lace and/or sequin trim (you can find online at any fabric store like Hobby Lobby, amazon, Joanne or Michaels)
- E6000, hot glue or similar
- White candles (or whatever color you fancy)
How to Make It
- Begin with clear small candle holder, and measure the lace trim around the circumference and allow for a tiny bit of overlap so no edges are exposed.
- Take your glue and begin by running a bead along the bottom rim and tap one corner of the lace at the beginning of the bead to secure it in place. Once you have a full line of glue around the bottom rim, take the rest of your lace and secure it to the line. Glue the overlap to seal it.
- Allow to dry completely for an hour, and viola!
I hope you enjoyed this guide of diy home ideas. If you enjoyed this list of super quick and inexpensive diy home ideas, feel free to pin to your board!
Cheers to crafting *clink*.
Beautify Your Home: Top 4-Step DIY Home Ideas to Try.
June 3, 2020